Its so cool to know that this nerve condition and these spinal cord surgeries don't define me. My identity is in Christ!
Yesterday my discomfort diminished significantly. Such a blessing- I can finally think (semi)clearly haha. I still can't bend or twist my spine in anyway but I can move around a lot better and slept well last night. Things continue to get better and heal just in time for it all to be opened up again this friday. haha ohh boy.
Fortunately, I have the option of getting everything done with this surgery on friday!! It'll be a longggg surgery- have to put in three new implants, finalized the one that's in me now, and put the router in my back. But that way I could start getting on the road to recovery faster! The way I see it, I'd rather get it all done and save myself from another risky operation with my spinal cord on the line. I know it'll be quite a doozy, but then I can start recovering for good.
I can now have a little more independence in little tasks. I can get out of bed on my own (very carefully), i can go to the bathroom and I'm able to have my mom put a t-shirt on me (only had button ups)! I unfortunately can't shower for a couple of weeks but my mom helped me sponge bathe and dry shampoo my hair, I feel so clean!! haha The restrictions are still the same but I'm a little more comfortable with moving my body and I am definitely not as sore.
It's a little crazy to think that this surgery wasn't even the very invasive one and they only put one implant in me. This friday I am having a extremely invasive surgery, and they're putting in THREE implants, wires inside of my body AND putting a router in my back to control the implants. So mind blowing. I'm not kidding when I say I'm becoming a robot, I have a remote control and everything!!!
Granted I just found this off the internet, but this is what it looks like for one of the implants. Its pretty unheard of to put four of them into someone. In fact my doctor is one of the best and he had to take several weeks to figure out a plan and see if he could make this work.
The support I have is remarkable. Yesterday Kristen (my big "sister") and baby Izzy came to watch me yesterday. They both helped the time go by! Yesterday I finally felt like I wasn't just waiting for it to be night so I could sleep. Isabelle was confused why I couldn't lift her up (she's 20 months and wanted to kiss me). Kristen lifted her up she gave me a kiss and said i love you. My heart melted and she definitely made my day! Kristen is busy and very pregnant, but she offered to take care of me on her day off <3 She has one of the biggest hearts and it's burning for Christ. She has always been like my big sister and one of my role models.
Today my dad is working from home to be my care taker and my grandpa is coming up to watch me tomorrow. I have a phenomenal family around me. My aunts, uncles and cousins want to check up on me & encourage me in any way they can. They are the best.
This may be a pain but I filled with joy for what is coming around the corner. God had a plan for me all along. It's amazing the peace He has given me when the time came. And now, I don't have any anxieties about this surgery or the rest of the recovery. He gives you exactly what you need, in the moment you need it; not a single moment later.


My prayers are with you E. You are my hero!
ReplyDeleteaw thanks aunt mb! I love you <3
Delete