Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 2 Appointment

This week I am in a lot less discomfort. I can start to stay in positions that are comfortable so I have been able to read now which makes the days go by a lot faster. With more mobility I have been in less pain and see that this surgery really is a success!

I have a long road to full recovery ( I cannot even start physical therapy for 2 months), but I have already seen that ways that the implants have improved my life. Today my left leg felt exactly like my right leg! I'm hoping that is a new trend that continues to stay. We are still working on fixing the shoulder complications but I can't do occupational therapy on my scapula until the 2 month mark as well. Fortunately, they were able to add a new program to my simulator that is able to reach more of my shoulder area.

I went back to Northwestern today for my two week appointment (the drive was less painful than the last time PTL). They took the stitches out from where the wire used to come out of me, and took off all the glue and tape on my other sutures. All is well and it's amazing how much scaring he saved me by stitching me up on the inside of my body. I can't really do anything different than I could last week, my restrictions won't be lifted off until the 6 week mark.

I just need to take this time to recover and make sure everything heals properly into place. Luckily, I have plenty of books and Spanish games to keep me company while my friends are away! haha Things are going well and this week i will receive my digital copies of the x rays and post them on here :))

I watched a documentary (beware of Christians) where these Christian guys go backpacking around Europe in search of what it really looks like to live for Jesus and not just listen to what the American church and the society tells us. They came up with some interesting points and draw conclusions for themselves. Even though its hard, they live that way. They live that way because its worth it.

In a way this recovery/semester off has been teaching me the same things. I am taken out of the typical society, i have no specific "group or tittle" in life right now.  I have a lot of alone time, and in that time in that I used to be apprehensive, I have been able to come the God. I've been able to spend a lot of time meditating when I couldn't read and now reading the Bible again. That's solely where I have found my answers and my strength. It's incredible. I knew God was going to heal me this semester, I had no idea He would be able to heal and change so many aspects of my life. Taking this semester off was one of the hardest but best decisions of my life. A lot more healing and recovery to go but I have reached a new step in my faith and it gives me so much joy, even though I still am in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment