Monday, November 11, 2013

Okay, now I'm a little more sober minded to write on here haha

This weekend involved a number of awesome visitors as well as a lot of pain. The worst of the pain is over, or so I hope haha. This weekend had some rough points. Luckily, i have some wonderful friends who helped me get through it and encouraged me to turn to God. It was hard to focus and keep hope that things will be better, but ultimately I was able to find comfort in Him. The only one who will ever be able to fill me up. My peace and fulfillment will never come from my best friends, family members or future boyfriend/husband; it's going to come through Jesus and Him alone.

In between the extreme pain, I had some people to keep me company! Siobhan, (first and foremost) came home just to help me and be there for me at my weakest. It was more appreciated that she'll ever know. Then Brittany Ward spent a large portion of saturday with me; she brought me some beautiful flowers and gifts (this girl is too sweet!) Sunday afternoon was spend with Siobhan and our other 'sister,' Katie! It brought a smile to my face. In the evening, I spend sometime with Sydney, who came to see me amidst her insane work hours. I swear, few work as hard as her. I was so blessed with all the time I got with these wonderful ladies!

Britt keeping me company and encouraging me w her words and gifts

I really hope it's all up from here. The back pain is starting to get better, I get out of bed on my own sometimes and I can now lay on my back if I'm feeling up to it. I started making a list of things I can start to do. It's making me pretty excited but I just want to be there already haaa. If you have any suggestions let me know :)

Please keep the prayers coming for this recovery and for the implants to work just the way we envisioned them to work. And thank you for all your prayers throughout these surgeries. It means a lot to me and I know God heard them.

Some of my silly wonderful girlfriends encouraging me ;) haha 



No comments:

Post a Comment