Monday, October 28, 2013

Surgery summary

End of this week I will be starting the process of becoming a robot!! haha The whole point of these spinal cord surgeries is to lessen the amount of pain I am, and maybe even get ride of it all together! 

The Surgery plan:

In the surgery my doctor will be sowing metal boxes connected to wires onto my spinal cord. There will be 4 metal boxes in my spine because my CRPS is throughout the whole left part of my body. This is one of the best doctors to go to (at Northwestern) but he has never put in four in one person before... We shall see how that works out haha ideally the surgery will intercept the pain signals when they reach my spinal cord and the signals won't even make it to my brain to be interpreted.

The first surgery (November 1st) is where he puts two of the stimulators in my spine but doesn't sow them all the way down or close (its considered the trial period). Surgery will be a couple of hours but it all depends on when he finds the right spot to place the boxes on my spine. I will keep them that way for a week and if they help he will finish up a week later on the 8th and start the same trial on the other two metal boxes, and that next surgery will be the 15th. Somewhere in there he also inserts a router in my back to help the stimulators work. If all goes according to the plan I won't need a fourth surgery, i would just have to go back to him the following week to tie up loose ends. 

I just want to thank all of you who have been so supportive. I definitely feel loved and cared for by sooo many people. It's helped me stay calm for sure. I am still not too nervous about the actual surgery, but a semi-apprehensive about the surgery not helping/being successful. This is one of my last options. But then again, there is always God ;) 
Giving it all up to him. My life is much better in His hands than mine anyway <3

No comments:

Post a Comment